Sunday 13 January 2013

Discipline is SO Hard!

I'm finding that the discipline needed to keep myself from picking up on great after-Christmas deals, is really hard!  There are some really cute items, in great colours, that I almost tried on after the holidays.  Old habits are hard to break. 

When I feel the urge to buy "just this one top", I pull out my list of items I still need to complete my basic 10 piece wardrobe; a white shirt, black & white T-shirts, and a great pair of dark wash jeans.  AFTER I complete the 10 pieces, I'll be able to pick up accent pieces in my two colours of coral & turquoise, as my budget allows.  It's just so tempting when shopping, to pick up items in other colours that I love equally as much, but I'm determined to simplify my life, and stick to my plan.  I'm waiting until the new spring merchandise arrives, to find the perfect pieces to complete my basic wardrobe.

If I had a lot of money, I could go to the higher end retailers and probably find what I'm looking for right away, but that's not the case.  Because I'm simplifying my life, I'm on a strict cash budget, no credit cards. I have to buy my pieces over a period of months instead of being able to pick up $200-$300 worth of items at one time.  I only shop at a discount department store now that I'm on a fixed income.  When I think of the thousands of dollars I used to spend at the high end stores when I was working!  Now I'm relegated to shopping at the lower end stores.  A lot of their items are cheaply made and ill fitting, BUT, if you're persistent and shop with a list in those stores, you can find good quality, great fitting clothes at a price you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment